LJT & Associates, Inc. provides a wide range of engineering and other support services to the U.S. Government and International customers. We are a diverse business with expertise in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of a variety of engineering and hardware integration solutions as well as operations and maintenance support for both launch ranges and space communications tracking and network systems and base operating support. We are seeking a qualified candidate to support our Range Operations Contract at Wallops Island VA. Work as part of a team to develop, and support mission-critical web-based operations and business applications software in accordance with requirements documentation
· Develop web based applications with a high quality user experience to facilitate data collection and analysis, maintaining accessibility across web platforms while fulfilling product, security, common data requirements.
· Recommend improvements and enhancements to product development processes, techniques and technologies, and lead implementations of approved changes.
· Integrate existing off-the-shelf application with developed applications to develop a common user facing web presents, dashboards, and data sharing.
· Provide for and perform the maintenance, implementation, integration, test, and transfer into operations of developed and off-the-shelf application products.
· Provide ongoing development of deployed applications products to meet changing user needs, developing future requirements, and operational cost savings.
· Define and Analyze product requirements translating them into application designs.
· Apply Agile development processes to create prototype applications, perform testing of software products and respond to and resolve software discrepancies against products’ needs analysis, application interfaces and requirements.
· Generate and maintain applications in accordance with product requirements and department standards
· Generate/update application documents (designs, manuals, code, support) following department approval, configuration, release, and version controls
· Maintain deployed applications and application servers.
· May be required to obtain NASA’s System Administration certificate
· BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or a related field plus 5-8 years of related experience required
· Masters Degree in engineering or science may substituted for 2 years’ experience
· AA/AS degree may be substituted for 2 years’ experience
· In lieu of formal education, 12 years of related experience may be substituted
· US Citizenship required
· 4 years’ experience developing web-based enterprise applications
· 2 years’ experience of Java programing with a MVC framework.
· 4 years’ experience using SQL relational databases
· 4 years’ experience in needs analysis, use-case development & application design
· Ability to provide accurate work estimates.
· Excellent technical writing skills in documenting code, designs, processes, & manuals using MS or Atlassian Confluence
Preferred experience with (not Required): Java PrimeFaces, IBM Cognos, HTML5 Git, Jira, Stash or Bitbucket, Oracle, MS SQL
LJT is an Equal Opportunity Employer