LJT & Associates, Inc. provides a wide range of engineering and other support services to the U.S. Government and International customers. We are a certified small business with expertise in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of a variety of engineering and hardware integration solutions. The company has experienced significant growth and seeks qualified candidates to support continued growth in all of our business sectors.
1. The successful candidate is experience in maintaining and repairing various mechanical and electro- mechanical systems to include: Open and close center hydraulic systems, variable displacement hydraulic pumps, and solenoid activated hydraulic valves, hydraulic buffers, pressure / limit switches, reaction control systems, hydraulic oil heating and cooling systems. Experience with Synchro /servo systems highly desirable.
2. The ability to operate antenna consoles as necessary to maintain, repair, overhaul, troubleshoot and test, various types of antenna control systems including hydraulic and electrically driven units. The ability to modify or fabricate metal components is a plus.
3. The ability to interpret and work from engineering drawings and specifications, possess a thorough knowledge of the operating characteristics of electromechanical and hydraulic equipment, and systems.
4. Ability to operate support equipment such as personnel lifts, basket truck and forklift when required and obtain a license or certification to drive and operate these units.
5. Ability to use a computer based maintenance system to update maintenance logs, preventative maintenance schedules and enter data regarding system repairs and status.
6. Ensures Company and NASA procedures and policies are followed. Wear PPE as required and follow all established safety procedures. Safety and quality awareness and compliance are required.
7. Perform manual tasks, which may include lifting 40 lbs or more and some climbing around antenna systems.
8. Pass a tower climbing physical and be willing to climb antenna structures.
9. Shift work may be necessary to support missions; also the successful candidate must be willing to travel when necessary up to 30% to remote locations. Typically three or more trips/yr.
10. Ability to work with engineering team members, operations personnel, and equipment vendors in the performance of various duties to maintain system specifications, capabilities, and operational requirements.
High School diploma and 1-2 years related experience. Possessing a related vocational school certificate is desirable or relevant military training and two years’ experience in repair
Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance