LJT & Associates, Inc. provides a wide range of engineering and other support services to the U.S. Government and International customers. This position performs a variety of construction management, engineering and planning functions necessary to the operations and maintenance of the Wallops Institutional Consolidated Contract (WICC) at NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility, Wallops Island, VA.
• Provides construction and project management expertise and support as a member of the WICC management team.
• Oversees and directs a technical staff performing construction oversight, applying principles of project management, including the controlling of cost, schedule, and technical performance.
• Responsible for provision of IPMO services to meet WICC II contract requirements, including:
o Customer Service and Task Order Control
o Engineering Support Services
o Facility Design and Construction Projects
o Procurement of Contractors, Engineers and Equipment
o Technical Facilities Ops and Mission Ops Support
o Capital Improvements for Facility Maintenance
• Develops protocols and applies principles of continuous improvement to all task order processes and procedures.
• Provides estimating, budgeting and project planning expertise.
• Performs design oversight and planning functions.
• Oversees the performance of Construction RPR services by staff
• Assigns task orders to subordinates and closely monitors progress and performance
• Provides scheduling and institutional planning support to the NASA Facilities Management Office
• Develops and maintains a five-year capital improvement plan with schedules and cost estimates for proposed projects
• Bachelors Degree in engineering, construction management or related field with 10 years of experience.
• Associates degree with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience.
• Excellent computer, estimating, project management and communication skills and abilities are mandatory.