LJT & Associates, Inc. provides a wide range of engineering and other support services to the U.S. Government and International customers. We are a diverse business with expertise in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of a variety of engineering and hardware integration solutions as well as operations and maintenance support for both launch ranges and space communications tracking and network systems and base operating support. We are seeking a qualified Information Software Engineer 1 to support our Space Communications Network Services contract at NASA's Wallops Flight Facility, Wallops Island VA. This position will emphasize software develpment and testing for the NASA Near Earth Network systems.
LJT provides a very competitive benefits package. Health coverage begins on first day of employmemt.
This position will involve the design, integration, and test of new satellite ground station software and performing modifications to existing ground station software. The selected candidate will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into a total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
His/her duties may include:
· Systems requirements development and allocation
· Managing software specifications
· Developing code in accordance with applicable requirements documentation
· Developing and executing test plans for software system verification and acceptance, and Developing associated documentation
· Analyzing software systems, codes, and software modules to resolve issues with software functionality and/or performance
· Supporting the integration of, and transition to new hardware and software systems, and generating related documentation.
Approximately 10% travel is required.
Experience in the design and development of real-time data acquisition applications for the Lynx Operating System (or compatible RTOS equivalent) in an X86 environment is required.
· Experience with multithreading, Network Protocol Stack (Client/Server), and equipment control interfaces (ICDs, API, Library interfaces) is required.
· Experience with software languages including C, C++, Visual Studio, Java Script, Python, Windows, Linux, Oracle, PostgreSQL and MySQL is required.
· A Master’s degree in engineering, physics, computer science, information technology, mathematics or a related technical field may substitute for 3 years of experience.
· 2+ years of relevant experience with hardware/software testing and requirement verification.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, mathematics or a related technical field is required and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required
· This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in the analysis, design, and development of real-time data acquisition software with emphasis in knowledge of POSIX compliant standards as they apply to Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
LJT is and Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D)